Imposter Syndrome: Do you feel like a fraud? How to identify where it comes from and why you feel it.
I'll admit it. The day I recorded this episode of The Influencer Podcast, I was scared.
I knew I was going to share something I'd recently discovered about myself that wasn't so pretty.
Here's the deal: Today, I'm walking you through one of my deepest fears...being "found out."
In 2021 I wrote a book. During this time, I had massive discoveries. One was that I had a hard time internalizing my accomplishments. I also discovered I lived with a persistent fear of being exposed as a 'fraud.'
This is also known as imposter syndrome.
I share some examples of this in my life and the research I found that helped me see where my delusions around imposter syndrome were coming from.
But there's more to the story …
This created a domino effect of uncovering truths about my other fears, including perfectionism, comparison, and self-doubt.
I uncovered what this deep-rooted fear was all about: rejection.
I used five tools from this discovery that helped me release this fear and step into a more loving and kind place with myself.
In this episode, you'll hear:
- The 6 common characteristic's that define imposter syndrome and how they build upon each other
- The 5 Steps to Releasing Your Fears
- How to use an "Evidence Lens" to support your inner confidence
- Ways to trust and care for yourself when you have fear
- How to use your fear as a pathway to peace
- Why we fear shame ourselves and how to stop doing it
No matter what's going on in your life, you have a choice. It only takes a slight shift in direction to begin to change your life.
For more episodes, go to juliesolomon.net/podcast.